For the 2012 edition of the WEA Special Education Boot Camp. Three, five-day training sessions will be held this summer across the state.
The trainings, presented by the WEA Special Education Cadre, are open to all school employees, parents, administrators and representatives from community agencies.
Training dates and locations:
- July 9-13 in Federal Way (WEA Office) – Registration Deadline: June 22
- July 23-27 in Yakima (Hilton Garden Inn) – Registration Deadline: June 29
- August 13-17 in Ocean Shores (Shilo Inn) – Registration Deadline: July 20
Complete registration information will be available soon on the WEA website and from your UniServ and local association offices.
Training sessions include:
- Special Ed and the Law,
- IEP Transition/Non-Transition,
- Effective Instruction,
- Response to Intervention,
- Autism Awareness,
- Universal Design for Learning, and
- Section 504.
The registration fee of $250 covers training materials, 30 clock hours, morning refreshments and lunch each day. Three college credits will be available through Seattle Pacific University for an additional fee.
For more information, contact:
- Shirley Jeffrey at 253-765-7073; 800-622-3393 x-7073;
- Mark Anderson at 253-765-7066; 800-622-3393 x-7066;