Customized Workshops & Professional Development
WEA offers professional development customized to the specific needs of individual schools and districts. Contact Mark Anderson to schedule a free consultation and/or presentation.
- Hamblin Elementary (ENTER WORKSHOP)
Hamblen is one of 35 elementary schools operated by Spokane Public Schools in Spokane, Washington. The district, with 32,000 students, is the second largest in the state. The school enrolls 500+ students in grades K-6. The principal and 22 teachers are participating in this hybrid workshop on effective instruction during this school year (2012-13).
- Tacoma (COMPLETED, May 2012)
During the 2011-12 school year, 44 Special Ed teachers from the Tacoma School District engaged in a series of four face-to-face workshops, with action research and online extended activities to integrate research-based instructional practices.
- Improving Student Outcomes (ENTER WORKSHOP)
This group includes special ed teachers, general ed teachers, and parents convened for the purpose of designing training and coaching for educators that will:
- Create fundamental changes in the experiences of educators as they engage parents leading to improved individualzed studend outcomes.
- Support the creation of IEPs designed to provide students eligible for speical education a comprehensive program to improve thier performance,
- Establish a structure that enables IEP teams to interact/share their experiences in a supportive "learning community."